Friday Movie Matinee Discussion (Online) Online
Join us for a lively virtual discussion with Professor Tas Salini, Instructor of Film History and Film Appreciation at Broward College.
About the film
The story of Preston Tucker, the maverick car designer and his ill-fated challenge to the auto industry with his revolutionary car concept.
Here is a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tZKbk27yXo
Where to view the film
You will need your Broward County Library card to view the film. If you don’t have one, please apply for one here
You can find this film in Broward County Library's Kanopy collection:
Go to this web page https://libezproxy.broward.org/login?url=https://browardlibrary.kanopy.com and type in your Broward County Library card number and your PIN number. Your PIN number is the last 4 digits of the telephone number you used when you registered for the Broward County library card.
- Click "Login" Button on the top right
- To start viewing movies, you need to choose a login option. a) You can use your Google account login information. If you have Gmail you can use that username and password b) Use your Facebook login username and password or c) create an account with your email address and a password of your choosing. Once you select one of these three options you can click the “Log In” button.
- Once you’ve logged in, type in the title of the movie.
- Click the “Play button” to start viewing the movie
A Zoom link to the discussion will be sent when you register and a reminder one day prior to the event.
Professor Tas Salini is a producer, writer and director with over 24 years of film industry experience. He has directed over 110 music videos that have aired on MTV (USA & Europe), BET and cable and satellite channels worldwide. He has produced and directed seven documentaries including A 20 Year Journey featuring the Grammy winning band Inner Circle and the award winning documentary The Pan Am Story which aired on PBS. Further, Salini produced, wrote and directed the romantic comedy Gringo Wedding, a feature film released theatrically and distributed internationally.
He has taught photography, film/video production in England and Austria and currently teaches Film Appreciation and Film History at Broward College.
- Friday, June 24, 2022
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.